Lovejoy, a company in the Timken family of brands, is hiring a Manufacturing Engineer.
The purpose of the manufacturing engineer is to develop and continually improve the manufacturing processes within the Lovejoy Downers Grove plant. This role is responsible for researching and developing production processes, tools, and equipment for the manufacture of industrial couplings and U-joints. This role provides technical leadership and support for production activities and is an influential member of the site leadership team.
Provide technical leadership and support for production processes (milling, turning, broaching, welding, induction hardening, powder coating, assembly, etc.)
Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning processes, workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
Lead tool and equipment selection, design, and development activities.
Lead capital management activities and provide investment analysis/justification for the acquisition new machinery, tools, and equipment.
Conduct feasibility studies for the manufacture of new products and provide guidance on integration requirements and costs.
Create and maintain standards, process control documents and work instructions
Partner with Maintenance team to keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services, and by assisting in establishing preventive/predictive maintenance programs
Represent the company in technical presentations and other customer relations activities
Support company relationships and pursue company objectives with external customers/vendors
- Strong technical knowledge of machining methods including CNC milling and turning.
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge and theories to plant level manufacturing problems, conferring with equipment vendors, and soliciting observations from operators
- Experience conducting time studies, performing data analysis, and recommending improvements
- Capable introducing technology and improved methods to solve production problems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience PLC programming preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience, is required. BSME or BS in in Engineering/Industrial Engineering is prerred.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in engineering/manufacturing, 5 years experience preferred.
- Six Sigma Certification Preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.