Pilot has the best employees in the transportation and logistics industry!
Defines, develops, and manages operations and customer support programs to support and meet Pilot's mission and goals for on-site quality service, customer satisfaction, and profitability. Customer satisfaction is Pilot's number one objective, and each associate plays an important part in reaching this objective by providing top-notch customer service in a friendly and courteous manner. Responsible for managing main customer warehouse, smaller satellite locations, and managing personnel at both.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the warehouse, including freight, returns, receiving, parcels and transfers.
- Manages all warehouse operations including personnel
- Handles all aspects of inventory management
- Lead and develop warehouse team to deliver unparalleled customer service.
- Manage daily plans to exceed expectations for productivity and accuracy.
- Maintain a clean, safe warehouse environment.
- Provides on-site store presence to ensure warehouse staff are following procedures as detailed by client SOW.
- Oversees recruiting, processing, and performance of Haulers.
- Develops and maintains relations with vendors.
- Ensures follow up on shipping discrepancies, damaged goods and in-home damage claims.
- Interfaces with end customers to ensure effective in-home delivery for customers.
- Maintains monthly operating reports that include statistics and customer service scores.
- Attendance and Punctuality are essential functions of the job.
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage shifting priorities
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in the English language
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS Office Products
- Ability to utilize tools such as pivot tables to analyze and present data
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision. Position requires on-call availability 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you are interested in working with a talented, passionate and dedicated team of professionals in a rapidly growing industry, Pilot wants to hear from you!
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: