Pilot has the best employees in the transportation and logistics industry!
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Working with Sr. Generalist, conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations in a timely manner, responding to all parties involved.
- Responsible for responding to requests for unemployment information, including representing Pilot during unemployment hearings.
- Responsible for compiling information required to respond to legal actions or inquiries, and formulating an appropriate response for review by Legal
- Maintain a current and comprehensive knowledge of legal requirements related to the daily management of colleagues, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Foster a collaborative team environment to enhance relationships across all of Pilot's functional levels.
- Serve as the point of contact for colleagues and management for any policy questions.
- Be a resource to provide training for management on topics relating to appropriate disciplinary actions, professional conduct, legal compliance, and best in class practices.
- Work closely with management and colleagues to improve work relationships, build morale, and promote retention, inclusivity and diversity.
- Act as a point of contact between legal counsel and HR regarding any employment related legal matters
- Recommend and assist with new policies as needed, and guide the implementation process.
- Approve management recommendations for the termination of a colleague's employment with Pilot
- Provide support for Pilot Human Resources projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Proficient with employee counseling
- Excellent organizational, judgment and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal, written and customer service skills
- Hyper-focused attention to detail
- The ability to deal with the uncertainties of an evolving, dynamic organization
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly advanced Excel skills is preferred
If you are interested in working with a talented, passionate and dedicated team of professionals in a rapidly growing industry, Pilot wants to hear from you!
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: