Pilot has the best employees in the transportation and logistics industry!
- Scheduling drivers to make freight delivery or collect shipments and packages
- Communicating with customers and vendors about freight details, pickup and drop-off times, and special requests
- Planning predetermined routes for drivers
- Identifying traffic problems and issues and creating appropriate corrective action plans to achieve desirable results on time.
- Preparing general dispatch documents for management, as well as pulling any documents that employees, customers, or vendors will need
- Maintain a record of all dispatch calls, driver routes, route changes, as well as delivery and pick-up times
- Monitoring truck repairs and maintenance schedules
- Logging vendor complaints or concerns
- Answering phone calls from vendors, customers, and management and helping them as needed.
- Other duties as requested
- Strong aptitude for time management
- Excellent understanding of local and state traffic laws and regulations
- Ability to make quick changes in routing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deep understanding of computer software and technologies
- Able to read, write and speak English
If you are interested in working with a talented, passionate and dedicated team of professionals in a rapidly growing industry, Pilot wants to hear from you!
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: