Pilot has the best employees in the transportation and logistics industry!
- Defines and delegates subordinate responsibilities, develops strategies to improve operational costs
- Negotiates bids with brokers and asset based carriers to meet company savings objectives
- Coordinates freight transfer activity from terminal to terminal
- Develop and maintain cost efficient methods of operation. Insures customer satisfaction, a facility free of safety hazards, and proper performance of operational processes
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement
- Communicates and enforces company policies, procedures and rules to employees
- Provides advice, guidance, and assistance as needed
- Recommends and approves increases or decrease in staff; screens and selects employees; approves long range departmental plans, work goals, and objectives and standards
- Assists and evaluates the performance of employees' recommendations and approves expenditures, salary changes, promotions, transfers, changes in status and disciplinary action
- Assigns work, trains, develops, and motivates employees
- Communicates and administers personnel programs and procedures in accordance with approved policies
- Other duties as requested
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Knowledge of Terminal Operations
- Deep understanding of business law, along with local, state and federal regulations
- A high degree of computer software knowledge
- Strong Interpersonal skills
If you are interested in working with a talented, passionate and dedicated team of professionals in a rapidly growing industry, Pilot wants to hear from you!
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: