Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The position of Territory Manager is located remotely in the assigned territory of Northwestern Ohio, preferably in Lima, Findlay, Columbus, or Dayton.
This position leverages strong commercial and technical skills and industry experience to recognize customer needs and apply Timken capabilities and technology across the full portfolio of Timken products and services. This position will be responsible for successfully navigating complex channels to market (OEM, Distribution and End User direct relationships) by utilizing strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understands and leverages the Timken value proposition, which includes providing value through engineering solutions, to maximize price and sales to grow and protect business.
- Communicates the value of Timken products while eliminating price as an objection when delivering new products or projects.
- Demonstrates leadership skills by influencing, driving for results, and resource commitment.
- Provides customer expertise including leading customer negotiations, developing pricing strategies, and managing a portfolio of business accounts.
- Ownership of the technical and commercial relationship with customers within the assigned territory by providing consistent and expert technical support, across the Timken portfolio of products and service.
- Manages sales process for assigned customer accounts or territory.
- Optimizes and successfully manages call plan to ensure calls are high value and efficiently outperform our competition.
- Delivers high-impact customer presentations that focus on Timken capabilities, solutions, and value proposition.
- Works with Customer Engineering on complex system analyses, including bearing selection on non-standard part number or types.
- Utilizes CRM to develop customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, plans to maximize pricing, new business attainment, and opportunity pipeline.
- Actively gathers and submits customer and market knowledge into monthly demand planning process.
- Takes active leadership role in the region to share knowledge, mentor junior associates, and participate in joint sales calls, where appropriate, especially to help solve problems and improve decision making.
- Develops and delivers effective technical and commercial training for internal and external audiences that range from individual contributors in a shop floor environment to executive level leaders in corporate offices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or Business
- 5+ years of working with, or responsibility for, progressively more complex projects that involve both commercial and technical issues
- Extensive background in working with customers and developing long-term customer relationships and partnerships
- Market experience in mobile equipment and heavy industries such as metal, power generation and mining are desired
- Familiarity with machining processes and manufacturing tolerances
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Experience utilizing a CRM system
- Proficient in MS Office
- A self-leader with initiative and a strong bias to ethical action with integrity
- Position level will be dependent upon years of qualified, relevant experience and education
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.