Lovejoy, a company in the Timken family of brands, is looking to hire a Buyer.
The buyer is responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the company's needs for direct and indirect materials and services, and fixed assets and tooling. The products and services are to be secured with cost, quality, and delivery at competitive levels, consistent with company policy and performance standards.
- Initiate purchase orders and changes
- Secures and analyzes quotations
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers
- Locates and develops new suppliers
- Nurtures relationships with existing suppliers
- Coordinates with various staff regarding planning parameters and schedules
- Coordinates with engineering and quality regarding specifications and quality issues
- Implements sourcing related directives from management
- Visits supplier's facilities to qualify them and for issue resolution and goodwill
- Organizational skills
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical conduct
- Project management
- Time management
- Collaboration ability
- Technical capacity
- Financial management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required; Concentration in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or Supply Chain is preferred
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience is required
- SAP experience is preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.