Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Perform basic material handling activities including but not limited to:
- Unload trucks and receives product using lift truck.
- Stores and picks product through system directed work.
- Material Handles various size pallet lots of materials and totes of materials.
- Receives finished goods and stores in appropriate inventory location
- Verify finished goods and picker rack stock level, replace as required
- Reads production orders or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved
- Take inventory and reports cycle counts of product as required to maintain inventory data in the computer
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases or other containers
- Assists other forklift operators, when needed, in loading and unloading trucks
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products
- Read, understands, and follows quality systems instructions, and procedures
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Ability to obtain a fork truck certification
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2 years fork/Lift Truck Experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.