Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 18,000 employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality products keeping industry in motion.
- We offer unique career opportunities for well experienced and entry level team members.
- We will train you and help you advance (members of our Sr. Leadership team have mastered these positions as part of their career advancement).
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off.
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award
Purpose & Scope:
Ensure compliance with all internal environmental programs and processes. Support the modification of existing or development of additional programs and processes as needed to ensure ongoing compliance with environmental regulatory requirements. Perform duties 2 days a week at the Lebanon facilities and two days at the Keene facility. The fifth day is dependent on plant needs. EHS Managers from both plants would have to agree to any changes to this arrangement.
Have working knowledge of the following:
Solid and Hazardous Waste Management
- Maintain Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Maintain relevant data on all waste generated by facility. For hazardous wastes individual must be able to characterize wastes as required by 40CFR261 or equivalent State regulations.
- Work with waste disposal company(s) to ensure all wastes are appropriately disposed and correct paperwork is in place for disposal as required by law.
- Set up and maintain appropriate satellite storage areas and equipment.
- Manage all waste through inspection, transportation, shipments, and storage as required, including emergency response containers.
- Manage HW manifests to ensure appropriate copies are sent to receiving/shipping states, return copies from shippers and TSDF are received in the correct amount of time, and follow up on any discrepancies.
- Complete HW Quarterly Activity Reports
- Provide training for:
- Hazardous Waste Handlers
- Hazardous Waste Generators
- Spill Team (Contingency Plan)
- Universal Waste Generators/Handlers
- Identify and drive opportunities to reduce both hazardous and non-hazardous wastes through source reduction, recycling, and reuse. Report out routinely on progress.
Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
- Perform monthly inspections and other reporting documents as needed. Document any deficiencies identified.
- Perform Quarterly Visual Inspections at outfall during rain event and file report in Central File.
- Perform annual "Non-Storm Water Evaluation" and file report in Central File.
- Complete Annual Comprehensive Site Evaluation.
Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC)
- Complete annual reviews of SPCC and submit to NHDES as appropriate.
- Complete recertification of SPCC every 5 years and submit to NHDES.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual SPCC inspections and file in Central File.
- Maintain AST registrations and ensure integrity tests are completed and documented on time for 2K, 3K and 10K gallon tanks.
- Provide SPCC annual training to affected associates.
Wastewater Discharges to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW)
- Submit Industrial Discharge Permit (IDP) renewal every three years. Function as primary point of contact for city of Lebanon POTW for day to day issues.
- Review quarterly reports, flow logs, and semi-annual reports to POTW to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Update Slug plan, Pollution Prevention Plan and PM Plan and send to City as needed.
- Ensure Boiler Certifications, heat treat pressure vessel certifications, and compressor room pressure vessel certifications are completed per NH requirements.
- Perform annual review of RTAP compliance documentation. Make updates as necessary to verify if there is a requirement for a site air emissions permit.
- Maintain records relevant to refrigeration equipment and techs.
- Work with environmental consulting firm to ensure groundwater management system is in compliance with applicable requirements
- Review and approve GMP monitoring reports submitted in June and November and annual groundwater management plan.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Complete annual Tier II reports for site.
- Complete annual SARA 313 reports for site.
- Ensure all Environmental items on the compliance calendar are completed on time.
- Submit environmental metrics monthly to Corp EHS.
- Provide monthly review to management covering EHS:
- Training Logs - Compliance Calendars
- Review Previous Month's ESA / Open CA and CAs closed in past month.
- Complete monthly environmental self-assessments. Report results to Corp EHS.
- Identify and implement corrective action plans. Track to completion.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant experience in Environmental Programs
- Working knowledge of plant production and support processes.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a teamwork environment, across multiple shifts.
- Attention to detail and a service-orientation required.
- Project management and time management skills are preferred.
- Individual must be a Certified Hazardous Waste Coordinator in the State of NH.
- Attend New Hampshire state trainings as needed.
- Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 50 pounds. Requires frequent periods of walking, standing, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Repetitive movement is required such as twisting, bending, gripping, and operation of hand tools.
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.