Director of Warehouse
The Warehousing Director is accountable for the efforts of the warehouse line level supervisors and their individual departments in support of their efforts to serve Gordon Food Service (GFS) customers and to manage organization resources.
What you'll need to bring to this position:
- Six (6) years previous warehouse distribution and leadership experience strongly preferred, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experiences.
- High school diploma or general education degree required
- Bachelor degree in Management, Logistics, Production Systems or related field preferred.
- Availability to work the scheduled shift hours as needed to support ALL shifts and departments as needed.
- Excellent mentoring, good listening and supervisory skills to oversee the day to day operations of the department
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Must be honest, open-minded, and a hard worker with a positive attitude
- Strong collaboration, problem solving and critical thinking techniques
- Ability to plan, organize and execute with ease
Other expectations of this role:
- Maintains global accountability of the Distribution Center (DC) initiatives.
- Serve as a resource to individual department supervisors and warehouse staff.
- Reviews DC policies and procedures and creative plans for DC systems and procedures.
- Maintains branch route growth plan knowledge and its effect on the DC systems and personnel requirements.
- Collaborates with the local DC transportation supervisors on route placement plans to maximize warehouse efficiencies and transit/delivery departure requirements.
- Audits building maintenance records to insure that all material handling equipment, refrigeration systems, and general building and grounds are maintained and cleaned properly and on schedule.
- Interviews, hires, train, and retain Distribution Center staff.
- Submits monthly reports to the Corporate Warehouse Manager and Divisional General Manager.
- Updates training requirements and methods to include tracking new employees to insure that training steps are followed.
- Participates in department meetings within each warehouse department annually.
- Collaborates with the department supervisors utilizing the Professional Development Program to identify and develop future warehouse leaders.
- Maintains accountability for the acquisition, trial, evaluation and repair of equipment, supplies and resources utilized in the warehouse.
- Develops capital and operational budget for the department.
- Adheres to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable practices of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.