Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is responsible for directing & guiding the activities of the Operations Department, across multiple crews, in the Asheboro facility. The individual is a member of the plant leadership team and is responsible for aligning operations efforts to the strategic direction and mission of the plant to achieve the goals set forth related to safety, quality, service, inventory and cost key performance indicators. This includes planning, organizing, and leading the department's activities daily, to achieve the Operational Imperatives:
- Safety: Lead with respect, ensuring mental, emotional, physical, and environmental safety at all times.
- Quality: Ensure that a defect, in any form (information or material) is not accepted, made, or passed from supplying operations to customer operations.
- Delivery: 100% schedule accomplishment every minute, every hour, every shift, everyday
Responsible for the safety, environmental, quality, service, and cost (productivity) performance of all crews and zone leaders.
The Operations Manager will participate in the plant's Hoshin planning and support project plans that are integrated and supportive of the plants business plan and strategy. This position will participate on and provide guidance to project teams comprised of individuals ranging from salaried non-exempt associates & salaried exempt personnel. The role will lead continuous improvement efforts and lean projects to continue to build the Timken Manufacturing Operating System (TMOS) culture. This position will support the achievement of key plant metrics and be expected to recommend improvement projects affecting plant efficiency and customer service.
This position will have the following reporting structure:
- 4 Production Supervisors (140 + Operations Associates)
- 8 Zone Leaders
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Associate Relations:
- Talent Management of 140+ salaried nonexempt personnel; to include the direct development of 4 Supervisors and 8 Zone Leaders
- Ensure consistency amongst shift operations.
- Develop production teams through consistent guidance, strong vision, and KPI oriented leadership to achieve optimal performance results.
- Foster a positive environment, making expectations clear, performance visible, problems solved at the root and team engagement. Driving accountability, strong performance and addressing poor performance.
- Customer Satisfaction:
- Excellent customer service performance and meet the schedule.
- Work closely with support organizations to achieve customer service requirements.
- Ensure operations is adhering to process control plans, work standards and EH&S requirements.
- Operating Efficiency:
- Achieve productivity goals, cost savings tactics and volume adjusted cost in operations.
- Support EH&S tactics to meet goals set forth in business plan; involve all associates.
- Support and execute tactics to maintain variable costs per BP.
- Identify and implement structural changes to improve productivity, fixed and variable business expenses.
- Continuous Improvement/Lean:
- Lead continuous improvement/deep dive projects in Operations to improve safety, quality, efficiency, process, and cost.
- Encourage and foster a continuous improvement mentality throughout operations. Drive TMOS culture.
- Act as project manager for initiatives in operations -tracking metrics, managing costs, and maintaining timelines.
- Train and educate of operations personnel on deep dive process (root cause) and lean thinking techniques.
- Manufacturing Experience
- Proficiency in lean, continuous improvement, and deep dive (A3) methods.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Bachelor's degree in related field and at least 5-10 years' experience in Manufacturing, Operations or Engineering.
- SAP Systems Experience (Reporting, Ordering and Usage)
- Bachelor's degree in related field and at least 10-12 years or Master's degree in related field and 7-10 years' experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.