Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
This position executes the inventory planning process at the level of regional service centers as well as between several warehouses. In doing so, executes corporate inventory models and develops the inventory targets based on distribution market demand, lead time from plants and logistics network design. Manages the implementation of planned safety stocks in SAP R3 to stay within overall business plan and develops short to medium term inventory projections. Inventory models developed by a person in the position contain targets for all supply chain families, including purchased product for re-sell in Industrial Distribution and Automotive Aftermarket. Inventory Planner is also in charge of providing training, guidance, and coaching to regional/local supply chain teams in terms of fulfilling inventory targets, building models where appropriate. KPIs directly impacted by this position: inventory value, inventory turns and days. Indirectly - stock in rates.
This work is accomplished through analysis, recommendations, tactic development and execution. In addition, this position will lead projects to improve supply chain processes using project management, Lean principles, and CI (continuous improvement) tools.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Create statistical inventory models for global supply chain aligned with plants in scope. Create inventory models for customer stocking programs. Extract data from various systems, review errors and correct, validate results for reasonableness, routine master data maintenance.
- Project finished inventory using analytical tools based on SAP planned production schedules and forecasted shipments. Develop business plan targets based on market and corporate business objectives.
- Implement annual Obsolete and slow-moving Inventory (OSMI) process and monthly global sweeps of stranded inventory.
- Manage inventory model adjustments driven by Change in Demand Requirements (CIDR's)
- Pursue continuous improvement of inventory models and inventory productivity, i.e. structural reduction of ‘no requirements' inventory, managing phased inventory, data maintenance.
- Previous supply chain or manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of MPS, MRP, BOMs and routings in SAP R/3
- Working knowledge of Supply Network Planning module of SAP
- Advanced skills using Excel, PowerPoint, JMP, Access, writing macros, SQL, Brio, BI, BW, BEX reports, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and detail-orientation
- Time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Results-focused, bias for action, independent, self-starter
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering with 4+ years relevant job experience
- Master's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering with 2+ years of relevant job experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.