Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists to support direct and indirect functions and activities in the prototype department to permit the production of products and services to achieve department and company goals. This person will work as a team member in our heat treat operations. Key responsibilities include furnace operation and maintenance and metallurgical preparation and inspection.
As a Prototype technician you will :
- Perform machine set ups and operations in the following areas: Prototype thermal treatment- Ability to operate and maintain thermal treatment furnaces and shotblast equipment including daily maintenance monitoring, minor repairs, setup/ minor modification of tooling, Furnace operation including staging product, minor programming of equipment, processing and recording parts thru furnaces. Operation of plug hardening process. Prepping of metallurgical samples and minor analysis.
- Work instructions and tasks are usually given from supervision or engineering. They can be specific or broad assignments.
- Knowledge of computers required (including SAP, Microsoft Office, Outlook).
- Mechanical Trouble Shooting Skills
- Ability to procure parts and coordinate outsourcing.
- Offline programming knowledge (use of CAD systems).
- Ability to measure and calculate with use of micrometers, gages, and other hand tools.
- Work as a member of a team under supervision of leadership to meet on-time delivery goals and to provide necessary assistance to meet customer demands. Assist in training associates on applicable processes, tasks and operations.
- Participate in current quality systems, calibration, and audits.
Minimum qualifications :
- High School Diploma and at least 5year's of experience in a mechanical trade or associate degree with at least 3 year's of experience in a mechanical trade
- Apprenticeship or other Technical training program in mechanical trade preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. #IND-ENG