Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: Primary responsibility is to manage the quality-related activities of supply management. This broad responsibility includes communication, training, trouble-shooting, problem solving, analysis and follow-up to drive continuous improvement among the supply base. As the Quality/Supplier Analyst, you would be responsible for planning and executing activities pertaining to the evaluation and disposition of product complaints internally and externally and with our component suppliers. You would also support corrective actions, failure analysis processes, calibration maintenance and Layered Process Audits.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supports customers regarding certifications on various customer conformance requirements
- Performs and supports internal and external audits.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining documentation for both external and internal events
- Track and Log Non-Conforming Materials in System. Weekly log of nonconforming material coming out of production, analyze potential trend/breakdown in processes
- Maintains Supplier scorecards in conjunction with Purchasing
- Daily Log of Scrap containment and Disposition. Capturing relevant data for pareto to address inefficiencies
- Facilitate and Drive Completion of CAR's. Work with relevant parties to resolve the CAR efficiently and effectively to the full satisfaction of ISO 9001:2015 and API Q1
- Weekly report to review most common failure modes, address underlying quality issues. Schedule meetings with customers for action (when appropriate)
- PPAP support for revised/new products or process changes
- Assist in gage calibrations with external vendors
- Track Return Goods (including verification of receipt and confirmation of quantities).
- Work with customer issues and provide feedback to the Sales Managers in QIM (Quality Information Management), 8D forms or other customer required documentation
Layered Process Audit Facilitator
- Member of Fast Response Team
- Create Schedule Matrix for weekly auditing
- Distribute audit documentation
- Ensure completion of audits in required time period
- Accumulate audit information and create weekly summary for review at Fast Response Meeting
- Pareto results and drive improvements to processes as needed
- Complex problem solving and writing skills.
- Establishes incoming quality requirements to ensure correct parts are received and verified for product quality prior to their issuance into manufacturing.
- Maintain and develop inspection requirements in receiving inspection instructions.
- Communicates with customers on print specifications and maintains certificates.
- Generates and reviews open/late CAR/SCAR reports to assure timely responses to corrective action requests.
- Leads and maintains Layered Process Audits.
- Maintain gauge calibration.
- Use logic and strategic, analytical, reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Determine causes of operating errors and how to implement error proofing tools.
- Assist with returned goods process and disposition.
- Coordinate product purges due to supplier defects and assist purchasing with organizing shipment of replacement material with supplier.
- Proficient working knowledge of 8D, 5Why and other trouble shooting tools.
- Proficient working knowledge of manufacturing measuring tools.
- Ability to lead and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to assist Product Engineers.
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced and often times unpredictable environment.
- Support Quality Engineer in PPAP process.
- Microsoft Office applications required.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Must be able to provide instruction and critical feedback effectively.
- Detailed orientated.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or a minimum of 5 years related Quality Assurance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.