Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Summary: Perform a variety of functions to maintain and repair equipment, building and grounds adhering to the safety, quality and productivity standards of Aurora Bearing Company.
- Perform all duties as assigned in a safe and efficient manner with an emphasis on quality. Follow Company and departmental procedures, including regular attendance and punctuality. Follow all safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. Report any unusual conditions or situations to Lead Person or Supervisor.
- Work with other maintenance personnel to trouble shoot, repair, rebuild, install, move, modify and fabricate equipment system fixtures and processes.
- Follow verbal and/or written instructions including but not limited to; service, parts maintenance, manuals, exploding view, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical drawings and work orders.
- Perform basic carpentry layout, fabrication, welding, plumbing, piping, wiring, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, painting, measuring machinery and electrical.
- Apply communication skills to relay information to others regarding job assignments, and
training skills to train others inside and outside the department.
- Request purchase requisitions for repair parts. Keep departmental records as assigned.
- Responsible for portions of department inventory, work with outside vendors in person or by phone.
- Work with Supervisor, Lead Person or operator of other departments in order to analyze
- Adhere to all lockout/tagout procedures and recognize the 5 forms of energy and how to control them.
- Maintain facility requirements and work with outside service people as required.
Physical and Visual Activities: Walking, handling, standing, sitting, fingering, hearing, talking,
lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, reaching, crouching, climbing, visual acuity - near and far, depth perception, field of vision.
Physical Demands: Maintenance personnel may be required to climb ladders or use powered man-lifting devices up to 30+ feet off the ground and may be required to descend ladders below ground up to 15 feet. Maintenance personnel may be required to handle, push, pull lift or carry machine dies, fixtures or other equipment and/or parts weighing up to and in excess of 80 lbs during maintenance and repair process. Die carts and other lifting/moving devices are required to be used when possible.Operator may be required to move equipment, skids or containers of parts, chips, coolant etc manually, or by the use of powered fork lifts and/or powered pallet lifters/movers (if properly licensed), pallet lifters/movers, two-wheel hand dolly, die cart/lifter, carts etc to and from all parts of the facility.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Normal inside and outside industrial environment / conditions. Exposure to moving mechanical parts and devices, electrical energy, hydraulic and pneumatic pressure, chemicals, heights, waste or process water, solutions, adhesives and lubricants.
Knowledge: Operation and set-up of maintenance equipment, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division of whole numbers including decimals, geometry, conversion of metrics, ability to read and understand blueprints and various gauging equipment. Basic skills in any or all areas as stated in the job functions. Basic computer skills.
Experience: Same as in job functions.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software: Hand truck, powered lift truck, must have own tools to perform all facets of job functions listed. Ability to work from ladders or platforms. On the job training on various equipment and procedures.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver's license, Aurora Bearing forklift license, and any other training/certification as requested by management.
Other: High School Diploma/GED. Written or verbal instructions as noted above. Must be a self-starter and able to work additional hours as needed and attend classes and seminars as required to address all job functions.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.