Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
This position exists in the company to ensure the accuracy of the detailed line item forecast for the Process Industries business by working within the processes and timelines outlined in the demand management and SI&OP process flows. The demand planner will manage and lead assigned FEU(s) and supply chain families and will be accountable for the accuracy of the demand signals sent to the supply facilities. This position is responsible for analysis, data integrity, tactic development, strategy and execution to support and influence the actions of the supply chain, manufacturing operations, sales, finance and marketing
- Champion and drive the success of respective consensus and SI&OP processes.
- Continue to improve the development and analysis of inputs to drive alignment between sales, customer service, finance, marketing and demand management.
- Conduct monthly sales/customer service meetings for key customers.
- Complete monthly consensus presentation and lead meetings.
- Complete analysis for previous month forecast accuracy gaps.
- Complete order book versus forecast analysis.
- Use industry inputs to triangulate forecast inputs.
- Input and follow up on CIDR's.
- Complete and input consensus adjustments into the forecasting system.
- Review demand profiles by ship from locations on a quarterly basis.
- Complete realignments on a monthly basis.
- Provide weekly highlights regarding key customers and actions items.
- Drive data integrity by identifying root causes of data discrepancies and drive corrective actions.
- Mentor and assist in developing junior associates within the department.
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering with 4 years relevant job experience
- Preferred; Masters degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering with 1 year relevant job experience
- Previous supply chain or manufacturing experience
- Advanced skills using Excel, PowerPoint, JMP, Access, writing macros, SQL, Brio, BI, BW, BEX reports, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and detail-orientation
- Time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Results-focused, bias for action, independent, self-starter
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.