Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Inspects, repairs, installs and maintains all electrical/electronic equipment in the Bucyrus Bearing Plant. Repairs and adjusts precision instruments, electronic circuit boards and gauges to required tolerances.
- Performs all Electrician duties. Plans working procedures, makes shop drawings, adjusts and installs electrical/electronic machines and equipment. Performs work requiring a through knowledge of electrical/electronic circuit principles, state of the art components and machines, gauges, computers and instruments. Interfaces with outside suppliers and manufacturers.
- Directs and/or assists electricians in installing, maintaining and trouble shooting complex electrical and electronic equipment.
- Works with vendors to facilitate repairs of units.
- Performs miscellaneous duties such as periodic inspection, servicing, cleaning and adjusting automatic controls on electrical and electronic equipment. Hand fits and adjusts small parts. Maintains inventory, calibration and repair records and reports needed items to supervision. Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Trains electricians on new or upgraded equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years hands on electrician experience in a manufacturing facility
- Working knowledge of machinery and controls such as Mills, Lathes, Heat Treat Furnaces, Grinders, and Assembly Equipment similar to those currently in use at the Timken facility.
- An in-depth knowledge of electronic and electrical equipment is required. Knowledge of Modicon, Allen Bradley, an PLC-Direct PLC's preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of all electronic testing equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, meggers, etc…) and be able to confirm calibrations of such equipment.
- Basic PC Skills required; SAP experience preferred.
- Strong ability to read blueprints/technical manuals, follow written procedures and perform trouble-shooting activities.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a teamwork environment, across multiple shifts.
- Attention to detail and a service-orientation required.
Specific Physical Requirements:
- Activities include frequent walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Repetitive movement is required, such as twisting, bending, gripping, operation of hand tools.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Will be exposed to wide range of temperatures, loud noises, fumes, dust, and oil.
- The heat treat area has an average environmental temperature of 70-95 degrees F, during summer months; the environment can reach temperatures of 100-105 degrees F. Humidity is typically similar to the external environment.
- There are open flames, quench oil exhaust fumes, "red hot" parts, baskets, carts & tools throughout the heat treat area posing a higher risk to contact burns/abrasions.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Standard factory equipment is required for this position, such as hearing protection in required areas of the facility, eye protection and EH rated safety toed shoes, and hand protection (gloves) may be required.
- Arc Flash protective equipment is required by the levels determined by Arc Flash analysis and EH&S.
- Lock out/Tagout compliance.
- Requirements for job tasks not yet identified may have additional PPE requirements as prescribed by EHS.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.