Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
Serves as a level 1 and 2 technical support to install, modify and repair client machines for our internal customers. Works in a collaborative environment with technical teams across North America and is expected to professionally address customer needs and concerns. Serves as liaison to Divisional Leadership and North American IT teams during system outages, annual operating planning and IT facility challenges.
- Installs and configures new software, hardware and peripheral components, such as monitors, keyboards, and printers for customers. following defined processes or installation specifications.
- Responds to client's inquiries concerning systems operations, including diagnosing system hardware, software, and operator problems
- Recommends or performs remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
- Provides hardware support, limited to simple diagnostic troubleshooting of printers, warehouse and transportation handheld devices and the ability to utilize 2nd level support and/or vendors for repairs.
- Coordinates divisional resources for North American project deployments.
- Escalates divisional outages or impairments using defined communication processes and procedures.
- Maintains record of assets, both hardware and software
- Serves as secondary division liaison in information systems management initiatives.
- Provides onsite and remote support and solutions to internal customers, hardware problems and software issues.
- Maintains appropriate technology spare pool.
- Enforces divisional compliance of Gordon Food Service North American technology standards.
- Maintain peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must be able to provide Network and server support.
- Must have innovation, creativity, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to initiate work independently.
- Time management skills
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage change and conflict and collaborate within the team.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
- Experience in a warehouse environment, especially with RF scanner equipment is highly desired.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, email and internet software applications.
- Must have knowledge of latest Microsoft Operating systems with basic networking skills
- Associates degree or a technical diploma in Computer Science or a related field.
- Candidates with Microsoft certification or CompTIA A+ certification. Network+ or MCSA are highly desired
- Preference would be given to candidates with three years of technical work experience. The applicants are expected to have worked in environments where they have troubleshot personal computers, networking technologies and have installed a variety of peripheral devices.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line.