Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: The role of the Electrician is to repair, plan, lay-out, and perform wide variety of plant and machine maintenance primarily associated with assembly and disassembly, installation and repair, and trouble shooting of mechanical and electrical machines and equipment. Skills in panel wiring, layout and assembly and installation to include conduit, panel and equipment wiring of up to 480 VAC, cable tray and wireless router placement and configuration.
Essential Job Duties:
- Some PLC (Programmable Logic Controls) troubleshooting a plus, install and setting up VFD drives and other electromechanical control systems.
- Work with live and low/high voltage electrical systems in accordance with OSHA and NFPA70 standards. Understand and comply with NEC code and standards for new and existing wiring up to and including 480 VAC distributions.
- Work with controls, drives, clutches on mechanical stamping presses. Install and remove major components as needed.
- Install and work with and troubleshoot pneumatic systems including assembly automation, air compressors, dryers, and filtering equipment including installation of compressed air piping and repair, maintenance and installation of compressed air systems and compressors.
- Work with and troubleshoot hydraulics including presses, assembly machines, and pumps. Including any existing and new equipment moves, installation of equipment and related power, air and other utility requirements.
- Work from drawings, blueprints, schematics, sketches, specifications, tables, charts, wiring diagrams, and manuals.
- Work with all phases of preventive maintenance, Predictive maintenance, condition monitoring systems, control systems, and instrumentation and network systems.
- Diagnose trouble on machines, disassemble, replace work on defective parts, and reassemble; operate, check, and make corrections and adjustments.
- Basic Millwright skills including move and install of lathe, milling, boring, and surface grinders and be able to rig am move equipment and set up at new locations.
- Perform a wide variety of project duties and support for plant operations. Use considerable judgment to construct special purpose machines or equipment from sketches, drawings, or basic ideas with ability to alter available machines to facilitate work.
- Drive a forklift, Skyjack and other maintenance vehicles as needed
- Other maintenance duties as assigned.
- Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety procedures, quality processes, and company policies.
- Must be hands-on self-starter and work well with team members.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma is required. Plus broad trade knowledge, equivalent to training received in a formal apprentice program; or equivalent experience of at least five years. Training in apprentice program or other formal or on the job training in electrical and maintenance. Use of complicated drawings and specifications; advanced mathematics; wide variety of precision measuring instruments. Experience as a trainer a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: The ability to qualify for Forklift license and Valid Driver's License required in order to drive Timken Drives maintenance vehicles.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.