Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The crew supervisor is responsible for leading the operative manufacturing associates on his/her crew in becoming a high performance work team. This will be done by coaching and assisting the associates in safely coordinating all of the production efforts necessary to deliver quality product in an efficient manner as required to meet production control schedules. This position serves as a crucial link between operative associates and management.
Individuals in this role are charged with maintaining the highest levels of safety, quality, delivery and cost performance associated with managing shop floor operations. This individual should feel comfortable in leading people, giving presentations to all levels of management and be capable of handling interpersonal situations. This position requires a willingness to work various shift work schedules including days, nights, weekends and/or rotating shifts with their assigned crew.
* Minimum 2 years of mfg. operations, management, and/or production control
* Strong interpersonal skills in leadership, communication and group facilitation
* Displayed leadership qualities (e.g. crew leader, team leader, project leader, supervisor, etc.)
* Knowledgeable concerning our product
* Strong spreadsheet / computer skills
* Strong knowledge of our manufacturing operations and product flow
* Passionate about work / high energy
* Ability to multi-task
* Good problem solving skills
* Career minded person willing to further their education as necessary to advance
Desirable Attributes (but not required):
* Previous experience in direct supervision of associates
* Associate degree or higher
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.