Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Do you want real-life engineering experience in a global organization that will challenge you to better not only yourself, but the world? The Timken Company's Engineering Co-op Program is designed to prepare students for the transition into the engineering profession of their choosing by integrating academics with practical application and development in a professional work setting.
Position Summary: The Engineering Co-op Program is a rotational assignment for full-time students who plan to work for three to five semester terms while completing their Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. The co-op will work 40 hours per week in an assigned Engineering department. The co-op is exposed to the other Engineering groups within Timken allowing them to apply to be selected for subsequent semester terms as part of a defined career path.
Engineering: This path would rotate through the Engineering departments at Timken's Mechanical Power Transmissions locations. The set locations for the Co-op are at Timken Drives in Fulton, IL, Carlisle Belts in Springfield, MO, and Lovejoy in Downers Grove, IL. The Engineering departments include Application, Process, Product Design, Product Testing and Research & Development. Example projects within the Engineering path may include analysis and evaluating performance of Chain, Augers, Belts, or Couplings.
Manufacturing: This path would occur at a one or more of Timken's USA manufacturing facilities located in the Mechanical Power Transmissions group. The co-op would rotate through Manufacturing, Product, Application, and Quality engineering development. Example projects within the Manufacturing path may include using Six Sigma and lean techniques to improve quality and reduce waste in a production process, implementing new process equipment, etc.
The Timken Advantage
By joining Timken's Engineering Co-op Program you will gain the following:
- Real work experience through rotational assignments at a world class employer
- Increased knowledge of Engineering and other business functions at a global company
- The ability to contribute to the success of Timken while developing your own personal skills
- Enhanced public speaking and presentation skills
- Exposure to full-time career opportunities upon graduation from your university
- Competitive pay
The basic qualifications that candidates must possess to be considered for Timken's Engineering Co-op Program are as follows:
- Must be a full-time student (12 semester hours) attending an accredited four-year university
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or related major
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours before the start of your first semester term
- Demonstrated success in achieving goals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate
- Strong computer skills, specifically experience with Access/Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Ability to relocate for the duration of the program if needed
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa Sponsorship
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.