Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Overall Purpose: To provide direction, leadership and expertise for the implementation and integration of bearing manufacturing processes in the Rail Bearing Business. This includes the supervision of all personnel in the specified area to maintain an efficient and highly motivated team with the proper skills and demonstrated capabilities for completing all customer orders correctly and in a timely manner.
- Act as a role model, coach and trainer for associates and foster a team environment.
- Administer and enforce all safety, health and environment policies.
- Lead by example to foster an environment that is safe, clean and enables associates to work to their highest potential.
- Be accessible to associates and encourage two way interactive communications by having daily discussion and meetings.
- Utilize machines and associates to meet the business plan goals and reach the daily production goal of your area.
- Develop and implement tactics to reduce operating expense to meet business plan goals.
- Ensure the quality of work done in specified area of the plant.
- Maintain daily production reports.
- Set a good example/ positive influence for all employees, in accordance with TRS-NA's Code of Conduct policy.
- Recognize problems, determine counseling and resolve any employee issues within the scope of expertise.
- Provide the work materials and shop supplies as needed.
- Communicate any employee needs or issues to management.
- Ensure that all customer and plant orders are complete and packaged correctly.
- Report all required maintenance.
- Support improvement projects and other duties as assigned.
- Work with the plant management team to meet goals and complete tasks as necessary.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Certification from college/tech school or 2 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Basic computer skills using MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.
- Working knowledge or experience with ERP system (SAP preferred)
- Frequent walking and bending
- May be required to lift up to 40 lbs
- Limited repetitive activities
- Loud production environment; exposure to metals, lubricants, seasonal heat
Protective Clothing and Personal Devices:
- Safety glasses/shields; appropriate manufacturing close-toed safety footwear; hearing protection may be required, or other protective equipment as needed.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.