Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: To combine customer service and sales support function to offer better service to customers and support STEP project by improving efficiency of Timken sales and support implementation of regional sales business plans and tactics. To provide complex customer service, problem solving and analyses to customer service and sales engineers/managers and coordinate communication between customer service, sales engineers, marketing and other Timken departments. This position will utilize the knowledge of Timken's SAP, Quality, Engineering and business process and systems to support the sellers on the non-critical selling activities. This position is needed to provide, coordinate, analyze and facilitate reporting of key information so that fact-based, timely business decisions can be made by the sellers and sales management associates.
Essential Job Duties: This position is responsible for effective customer service and supporting sales in assigned area.
Customer Service responsibilities include:
- Provide complex customer service from initial inquiry to product delivery: recording & processing orders, provide schedule and pricing information, flag out potential issues using tools.
- Independently track orders and forecasts and take necessary actions to avoid or solve potential delivery problems and order book changes.
- Make sure specific customer requirements concerning service or orders are fulfilled or anticipated, make recommendations to update or improve existing procedures and processes.
- Support less experienced team members and new hires with their knowledge, experience and on-the-job and classroom training, in line with current needs.
Sales support responsibilities include:
- Be fully responsible for customer quotation process: price and availability, RFQ creation, tracking, supervising special prices etc.
- Provide customer forecasting and competitor information database.
- Gather and update customer related information: customer shipping calendars, packaging requirements etc.
- Prepare requested customer and sales analyses and reports using available tools.
- Prepare necessary information, presentations and other documents before customer visit and summary after visit, if requested.
- Two years of experience Customer Service role and CS
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and/or Experience: Associate degree preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.