Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's Philadelphia Gear brand has a current opening at their headquarters in King of Prussia, PA for a Sales Tax & Credit Analyst. This position is responsible for managing the administration, internal customer service and compliance requirements of US payroll, sales tax and related functions for Timken Gears & Services and Timken Industrial Bearing Services reporting entities. The Sales & Tax Analyst will deliver immediate internal customer service and perform duties in compliance with FLSA laws, union contracts, localized payment rules, governement requirements, accounting guidlines, and according to statutory garnishment directives. This position will ensure completion of all administratuve tasks relating to timely and accurate payroll and sales tax related processes. The incumbent will lead day to day transactions including but not limited to payroll calculations, data maintenance, payroll reconciliations to ensure accurate pay and related accounting treatment.
Payroll analysis and reporting (including medical activity, headcount, OSHA, 401k and ad hoc)
- Review and reconcile salary, hourly and union payroll for accuracy and handle discrepancies (12 payroll runs/per month).
- Review weekly time management sign off log to ensure approval
- Compile field service associates hours, calculate premium pay and submit to corporate payroll weekly
- Compile expenses and pay details for international payroll
- Assist with annual incentive calculations, audit for accuracy and create incentive plan documents.
- Prepare multistate payroll journal entries for TGS and TIBS
- Develop and enhance payroll processes to ensure continuous improvement and SOX compliance
- Manage union payroll and maintain compliance with the collective bargaining agreements
- Manage sales tax compliance and filings for 25 state and various local jurisdictions, including reviewing orders to assess tax, ensuring customer exemption certificates are on file, compiling and reconciling monthly sales tax data to prepare and fund returns, interface with state agencies for requests and determine when to open/close state accounts
- Manage AvaTax and Avalara Cert Capture database for sales tax exemption forms
- Complete monthly sales tax GL account reconciliations and adjusting entries
- Troubleshoot and resolve employee expense management system issues (CONCUR)
- Aid corporate CONCUR audit requests, including leading resolutions with associates and audit documentation
- Manage Paid Time Off "PTO" system and employee PTO requests, in addition to compiling employee PTO data to calculate vacation allotments for salary and union employees
- Assist with payroll and accounting audits
- Receive purchase orders in Epicor
- Renew business licenses
- Compile corporate requests for sales data
- Enter new hourly/operations employees into job management system (EPICOR)
- Update Business Resumption reporting and coordinate compliance with other TGS sites
- Understands the complexities of the global business environment
- Understanding of tax laws, compliance, and wage & hour laws effecting payroll
- Ability to anticipate customers' needs and deliver services or products to meet customer requirements
- Ability to analyze/ resolve complex issues
- High level oral and written communication skills
- Accomplishes objectives and delivers planned results; is able to get results when unplanned needs or problems occur
- Teamwork skills to solve problems and achieve goals
- Bachelor's degree in business administration required, finance or accounting degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with payroll related processes and activties
- Strong internal customer service skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Experience working in an ERP system, working knowledge of Epicor software preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.