Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Provide engineering expertise, project management, machine reliability planning, and leadership to the plant which focuses on developing and/or modifying plant production processes, production equipment, tooling, gauging, and in-process product designs for the purposes of maximizing production capacity, minimizing manufacturing costs, continuous improvements, improving customer delivery, improving product quality, and/or eliminating safety concerns.
- Design, implement, and document mechanical modifications to plant manufacturing processes and the associated production equipment which maximize production capacity, minimize mfg. costs, improve product quality, and/or eliminate safety concerns.
- Act as project manager for several major capital investments up to $5M. This would include writing technical reports, equipment specs, select supplier, perform run-off, debugging, and coordinating training.
- Develop and implement machine reliability systems and processes that are second to none in the industry. Implement proactive maintenance systems to minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Direct standard statistical analysis of manufacturing processes (capability studies) and equipment performance to determine areas of problems and implement improvements.
- Manage design, documentation, and implementation activities of various internal and external suppliers and be a technical expert in the plant on manufacturing processes. This would include direct contact with customers to establish product and process specifications and working with front end engineers to translate design into manufacturability.
- Design, Implement, and document new modifications to product, tooling, and processes. Train less experienced engineers in plant.
- Plant manufacturing Experience
- Proficient Computer skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Project management expertise
- Statistical knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Preferred candidates will have experience in 5S, Kiazen, Error Proofing
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing practices.
- OSHA safety knowledge as applies to a manufacturing environment.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid Mechanical/technical aptitude - CAD skills preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to lead and manage projects from inception to completion and deliver expected results.
- Verbal & written communication
- May required prolonged periods of standing/walking
- May operate powered equipment
Environmental Conditions: Frequent impact noise, seasonal heat.
Protective Clothing and Personal Devices: Safety glasses, safety shoes and gloves.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.