Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 17,000 employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality products keeping industry in motion.
- We offer unique career opportunities for well experienced and entry level team members.
- We will train you and help you advance (members of our Sr. Leadership team have mastered these positions as part of their career advancement).
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off.
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award
Setup and operate a range of furnaces, gas and electric, as well as other related equipment to perform heat treat functions such as annealing, tempering, normalizing, hardening, carburizing, and stress relieving on a variety of bearing materials and tools steels.
- Safely, correctly and efficiently setup and operate heat treat equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Maintain necessary records and ensure that documentation procedures are followed.
- Prepare material for the heat treat process. Move material and parts as needed. Care is required to handle components to prevent damage.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to a leader.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Create and update setup-sheets and standard work procedures.
- Gauge knowledge should be sufficient to operate all gauges in area of responsibility.
- Shall be capable of performing inspections in accordance with issued work instructions. In order to meet the intent of this job description, the Heat Treater must obtain certification as required.
- Keep leader informed of all machine, quality and quantity problems or audits as required.
- Conduct or assist in problem solving events and meetings.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on equipment as required.
- Perform and be involved in continuous improvement projects as required.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Skills learned to be determined by the group leader based upon need of the entire group and the need for flexibility.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Basic mathematical and mechanical skills are required.
- Basic computer interface skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient and productive is required.
- Strong ability to follow written and prescribed work instructions/procedures and tasks.
- Strong ability to read and interpret specifications, acceptance criteria, and engineering drawings.
- Situational/Spatial awareness along with strict adherence to PPE/safety protocols is required.
- Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 35 pounds. Requires extensive periods of walking and standing.
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.