Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists within Timken's Research & Development team to provide technical expertise at the corporate level to support the design and implementation of bearing manufacturing processes for new and existing Timken facilities around the world.
The individual working in this role will provide controls and programming support for a variety of manufacturing processes and assets including measurement, nondestructive testing, material handling, and end-of-line processes such as assembly, laser scanning, packing, etc. This individual will also help drive Industry 4.0 projects through machine connectivity and PLC programming. The individual will be involved in supporting and developing new processes and technology and will work closely with manufacturing plants and other internal departments, such as Quality and Process Design and Development teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - Provide technical support for manufacturing CI projects to increase throughput, improve quality/process capability, reduce costs, enhance safety, etc.
- MACHINE CONNECTIVITY - Connect new and legacy machine controllers to wired and wireless networks to allow machine to machine communication and other Industry 4.0 projects
- MACHINE ELECTRICAL DESIGN - Review electrical drawings and machine specifications and work with internal/external vendors to meet requirements
- MANUFACTURING PLANT SUPPORT - Support global manufacturing facilities in deployment and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Lead, plan, control budget, and provide regular project updates on R&D projects being implemented into our manufacturing facilities. Ability to formally summarize accomplishments, status, and issues in presentation and report formats
- TEAM ENVIRONMENT - Work individually and in a team environment to investigate, evaluate, and select both custom and commercially available solutions to meet Timken's needs
- TRAVEL - Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally to Timken Manufacturing Plants and/or Supplier locations - required periodically (occasionally for extended durations) at approximately 25%; depending on active projects
Desired Technical/Functional Skills:
- Demonstrated project support/hands-on troubleshooting
- Machine Control Hardware/Software Design - Rockwell FactoryTalk View, Siemens TIA Portal, Mitsubishi PLC, GE Fanuc and CNC Controllers
- SCADA and Shop Floor Information Systems Integration
- Industry 4.0 experience
- Familiarity with national / international machine electrical standards
- AUTOCAD Electrical, LabView, Telit deviceWISE, OPC UA
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) experience
- Manufacturing plant experience
- Effective communication skills
- Skilled in hands-on equipment troubleshooting and process improvement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving sklls
- Make fact-based recommendations for technical applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical Preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Must be a US Citizen
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. #IND-ENG