We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the equipment that keeps industry in motion.
American Roller Bearing is currently seeking CNC Grind Machine operators for its facility located in Morganton, NC working afternoon shift (3pm-11pm.) A successful machine operator values safety, quality, productivity, and customer service. Primary responsibilities as a machine operator would include: machine set-up, machine operation, including programming, machine adjustments, part measurement, troubleshooting, problem solving and teamwork.
Essential Job Duties:
- Set up, programs, and operates CNC Grinder (Cinternal) machine to grind cylindrical, tapered, and spherical surfaces.
- Must be very understanding of shop drawings and be able to plan operations by appropriate sequence.
- Must be to use gauging i.e., ID and OD micrometers, dial calipers, dial indicators, jo-blocks, surface analyzers and some use of a CMM.
- Will be responsible for general maintenance of the CNC Grinder.
- Operates machine daily producing a productive, quality product as quickly and efficiently as possible while maintaining safety requirements.
- Properly follows all ISO guidelines and computer system functions.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Make sure all safety requirements are always being met.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- 18 years of age
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Must having working command of the English language and be able to communicate verbally and in writing (basic oral instructions, simple written memos, and instructions.)
- Must be able to read and interpret shop drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations (plus decimals and fractions), and use basic handheld measuring tools.
- Basic knowledge of machining procedures.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of Company policies.
- Must be able to frequently lift / push / pull objects that are up to 24 pounds. The use of a hoist is required for weight heavier than 24 pounds.
- Constant standing and walking to set up and observe machine operations
- Requires continuous mental and visual attention to machine while it is running
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
All associates are required to wear protective eyewear, hearing protection, and slip resistant, steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.