Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is responsible for performing electronics-related repairs to machinery and support equipment throughout the Timken Aerospace Keene facility. The primary responsibilities of this position are to troubleshoot, effectively repair, analyze, interpret, and use problem-solving skills to ensure the reliability of plant assets.
- Respond to reports of machine breakdowns and requests for general repairs in a timely fashion. Determine root cause of problems by applying technical knowledge and by working with the appropriate personnel.
- Develop repair strategies and resolve complex issues by collaborating with maintenance team members, vendor support, independent research and operators.
- Utilize SAP system to document and perform work for maintenance as assigned by the team/group leader.
- Read and interpret procedural manuals, blueprints, and diagrams (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic) to identify conclusions or approaches to problems using logic and reasoning.
- Maintain required records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual/unsafe conditions to Team/Group Leader.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety, PPE, and environmental rules and regulations as prescribed by EHS.
- Responsible for obtaining repair on gauging heads and amplifiers for all shifts as needed.
- Participate in cross-training to be able to perform basic mechanical repairs if necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Will be exposed to wide range of temperatures, high voltage, loud noises, fumes, dust, and oil.
- The heat treat area has an average environmental temperature of 70-95 degrees F, during summer months; the environment can reach temperatures of 100 degrees F. Humidity is typically similar to the outside environment.
- There are quench oil exhaust fumes, "red hot" parts, baskets, carts & tools throughout the heat treat area posing a higher risk to contact burns/abrasions.
- Standard factory equipment is required for this position, such as hearing protection in required areas of the facility, eye protection and EH rated steel toed shoes, and hand protection (gloves) may be required.
- Arc Flash protective equipment is required by the levels determined by Arc Flash analysis and EH&S.
- Lock out/Tagout compliance.
- Requirements for job tasks not yet identified may have additional PPE requirements as prescribed by EHS.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience in a similar job field preferred.
- Working knowledge of machinery and controls such as Mills, Lathes, Heat Treat Furnaces, Grinders, and Assembly Equipment.
- An in-depth knowledge of electronic and electrical equipment is required. Knowledge of Siemens, Allen Bradley, Fanuc, and PLC's preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of all electronic testing equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, meggers, etc…) and be able to confirm calibrations of such equipment.
- Basic PC Skills required; SAP experience preferred.
- Strong ability to read blueprints/technical manuals, follow written procedures and perform trouble-shooting activities.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a teamwork environment, across multiple shifts.
- Attention to detail and a service-orientation required.
- Activities include frequent walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Repetitive movement is required, such as twisting, bending, gripping, operation of hand tools
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.