Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
H&N Wind and Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services, is currently seeking a Mechanic for the Pasco, Washington site. The Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing and repairing industrial equipment. The Mechanic performs an initial inspection to diagnosis failures of industrial equipment and assists the sales team to produce an initial quote for repairing equipment. After initial inspection, Mechanics breakdown equipment for repair and are responsible for performing the identified repair. This role reports to the Operations Manager.
- Read job cards to determine job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability
- Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (AC or DC)
- Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration, and condition
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies using various methods and steps, including but not limited to: parts washers/steamers, caustic tanks, glass beaders, etc.
- Measure for or note proper replacement parts and correctly requisition needed items from storekeeper, as approved by supervisor
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shields, etc.
- Retest reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed
- Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties
- Assist other mechanics or other shop personnel in skilled or non-skilled duties
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear
- Maintain neat and clean work area
- Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- 2 years of experience in electro-mechanical field, electric motor repair field, or industrial repair of manufacturing equipment required; 5 preferred
- Understand, perform, and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures
- Work well independently and with others in a team effort
- Able and willing to work weekends and/or overtime as needed
- Able and willing to travel as needed
- Class A CDL or willing and able to obtain
The hourly compensation for this role is $20.00 - $32.00 per hour, and is commensurate on experience and education. Promotional opportunities are available upon skills development and mastery. Benefits start on your first day: Cost-sharing options for Medical, Dental, Vision. Company provided STD, LTD, and Basic Life Insurance with supplemental coverage available. 401(k) and/or Roth 401(k) participation and company match after one (1) month of employment plus quarterly Core Defined Contributions. Additional benefits such as: Work/Life Balance program, free Noom participation, and PayActiv Earned Wage Access. 10 paid holidays per year in addition to 2 weeks of Paid Time Off per year (pro-rated on hire date during first year); accrual rates increase with years of service.
Qualified candidates can apply for this position by clicking on the link located in the job posting at www.careers.timken.com.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.