Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: The Press Supervisor will supervise the operations of the press department to ensure that productivity and delivery initiatives are met. The ideal candidate will have experience in press and leadership experience in a high production environment.
- Supervise the press work force, while providing functional, technical and process leadership.
- Use leadership, technical knowledge, and training initiatives to create a high performing team and optimize asset utilization and uptime to meet requirements of the plant.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with hourly direct reports to discuss agenda for the day and any safety updates.
- Ensure the execution of the three operational imperatives within the department to meet Company objectives.
- Complete TMOS training, and implement concepts within the department as expected of leaders within the plant.
- Ensure production schedules are followed with on time delivery a key metric.
- Provide feedback to scheduling on ways to improve throughput while still minimizing waste such as overproduction.
- Track and analyze production data to drive the improvement of key metrics
- Utilize data and daily follow up to prioritize problems and implement both temporary countermeasures and root cause solutions.
- Communicate, coordinate, and problem solve with all plant personnel.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture through appropriate root cause and corrective action using lean manufacturing principles.
- Exposure to coordinating and planning material flow.
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on short term and long-term productivity goals.
- Ability to hold others accountable and drive for results.
- Ability to drive change and lead continuous improvement initiatives that improve safety, quality, productivity and cost.
- Ability to analyze data to drive decision making.
- Willing to work manufacturing hours across three shifts and weekends as needed.
- Preventative maintenance background and exposure to lean manufacturing and best practices.
- Proficient use of MS Office, specifically Excel.
Education/ Experience: Bachelor's degree required. Three' years supervisor experience preferred in multi-process industrial manufacturing environment.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.