Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
This position is responsible for collaborating with the Corporate EHS team and global facilities to establish and enforce company-wide EHS systems and standards with a focus on safety.
- developing standards, processes, tools and training modules to help minimize health and safety risks, educate and engage associates
- providing technical direction to mitigate health and safety risks, and support compliance with global health and safety laws, regulations, company policies and standards
- supporting goals and targets relating to safety management
- assessing the safety performance of facilities; improving accountability and visibility
- engaging in injury investigations, problem solving and improvement plans
- Provide guidance to facilities on compliance requirements and company standards
- Support industrial hygiene strategies that will minimize work-related illness by assessing work environments and providing recommendations for controlling associate exposure to air contaminants, noise and radiation
- Develop and implement standards and processes to manage chemicals and minimize exposure
- Develop and communicate standards for managing safety risks
- Support strategies to improve safety visibility, engagement of management, and active associate participation
- Work with facilities to implement and improve EHS management systems using the ISO 45001 Standard as guidance
- Develop and deliver training programs to educate associates on their responsibilities in safety management
- Conduct EHS assessments at global facilities to ensure conformance with regulatory requirements and company standards. Prepare assessment reports listing systemic gaps and recommendations for improvement; and communicate results to facility management teams. Assist plant teams with root cause problem solving to address systemic gaps. Monitor the completion of action plans.
- Promote the sharing of best practices among global facilities
- Assist with the integration of new facilities/acquisitions and onboarding new EHS coordinators
Technical Skills and Leadership Competencies
- 7+ years of experience in safety management for a manufacturing company
- Ability to interpret safety regulations and develop tools/programs to ensure compliance
- Experience leading safety compliance audits
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Experience with delivering training to large groups
- Detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willing to travel 10%-20% of their time
- Bachelors Degree in Safety, Chemistry or equivalent discipline with 7+ years of relative experience
- Preferred: Certified Safety Professional, industrial hygiene experience, ISO 45001 experience/auditing
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.