Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Summary of Responsibility:
- Source of knowledge concerning all Federal, State and local rules and regulations pertaining to Environmental and Safety regulations and good industry practice.
- Administer health, wellness, and safety programs to reduce employee/employer risk
- Distribute educational material regarding health & safety to develop a more informed workforce
- Conduct safety audits of company facility, make recommendations, and perform in a consulting role to maintain federal & state compliance
- Communicate and interpret OSHA requirements, Workers Compensation, and promulgate plans to ensure compliance to all statutes/standards, reducing company liability, employee risks, and potential fines
- Help maintain recording standards to comply with OSHA guidelines
- Monitor employee exposure levels and maintain records and take corrective action to eliminate work-related injury/illness
- Recommend & assist developing health & wellness related policies which promote the company's philosophy for a safe and healthy work place.
- Train and test medical team members to assure a high degree of medical competency
- Guide and assist First Response team members to maintain fire containment skills
- Maintain employee's health and safety records in a confidential manner
- Recommend & assist establishing training programs for the development of production supervisors and other management personnel
- Maintain and administer documents and findings of Workers' Compensation claims confidentially
- Partner with third party administrator and insurance carriers
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- BA/BS in Safety, Health, or Environmental is preferred
- ASP or CSP Certification preferred
- One to three years of safety, health, and/or environmental experience; expertise in environmental health within a manufacturing environment a plus
- Proven ability to plan strategically and understand current conditions, envision the ideal state & develop a plan
- Strong communication skills to all levels of the organization
- Systematic thinking/strong diagnosis and problem-solving skills
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Must be able to relate to individuals at all levels, be sensitive to corporate needs, and local needs
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.