Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position works closely with Bearing & Seal Test leadership to ensure that the laboratory operates efficiently and effectively supports the needs of internal and external customers, thru the setting up and conducting of product testing in a mechanical test lab.
- Conduct product tests to evaluate product performance in accordance with test instructions and procedures provided by engineers and project leaders.
- Job duties include building rigs for testing, mounting bearings or seals, installing shafts, installing proper lubricant, assembling test equipment, monitoring tests to ensure desired conditions are applied, and test tear down and inspection.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of laboratory tests progress, test results, test samples, and tooling inventory.
- Maintain a clean and orderly laboratory.
- Develop ideas for continuous improvement of laboratory productivity.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skills. The ability to read part and assembly drawings and to utilize calipers, hand tools, and other mechanical equipment is necessary.
- Ability to learn and understand bearing press fits and how test rigs go together
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficiency with MS Excel for making charts and graphs
- Minimum: High School Diploma with at least 1 year of relevant experience or Associate's Degree in Engineering Technology
- Preferred: High School Diploma with at least 2 years of relevant experience or Associate's Degree in Engineering Technology and 1 year relevant experience
- Relevant experience could include manufacturing, mechanical test lab, product testing, machine shop, or mechanical repair related work
Note - Position may be filled at higher or lower levels than title posted, depending on applicant qualifications.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.