Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Flexible Hours with a Maximum of 28 hours per week.
- Plan and Perform a wide range of precision internal/external setups
- Maintain a setup proficiency in a minimum of one operation group on a specific set of machine(s) applicable to your functional area.
- Work from part drawings, process sequence sheets and setup charts. Select proper tooling, mount, dress and/or true grinding wheels where appropriate.
- Cycle machine to produce test pieces, check parts and make machine adjustments as necessary. Inspect components to insure proper adherence to quality specifications.
- Gage components using applicable gaging techniques and procedures, check gages for proper calibration using gage masters and adjust as necessary.
- Visually sample pieces for finish and surface quality.
- Instruct and lend technical assistance to and maintain a reasonable responsibility for work of each assigned operator if applicable.
- Schedule work to due dates while maintaining an operational effective efficiency. Maintain and comply with preventive maintenance schedule, impose and comply with safety and hazardous material handling procedures.
- Operationally insure the compliance and effectiveness of Statistical Process Control, maintain an operational quality standard.
- Report all operating difficulties to the appropriate supervisor; maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Maintain and comply with process documentation.
- This individual may generate and/or handle regulated (i.e. hazardous/non-hazardous) waste as part of this job. This must be disposed of in accordance with federal/state regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand prints, process sheets, and engineering specifications.
- Ability to use and understand basic gaging.
- Ability to use tweezers, microscope, bush buttons, turn knobs, or levers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic mathematic skills (add, subtract and decimals).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to sit or stand in one position for a period of time. Ability to carry parts from assigned areas to the work station.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Good steady hand movement skills.
- Ability to use foot pedals, and weigh scale.
- Ability to look through a microscope for long periods of time.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.