Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Corporate Development Specialist M&A supports the execution of the company's inorganic growth strategy by identifying the right acquisition candidates, originating the relationship with them, negotiating details, due diligence, developing financial plans and completing the valuation analysis. This job is expected to support and drive the execution of $10M-$250M of investments strategies for the enterprise. Advising CEO, Business President, CFO, General Counsel and VP of Strategy & Business Development on all aspects of the transaction while maintaining the relationship with sellers and advisors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective acquisition targets and investment partners.
- Lead cross functional teams in both relationship and auction transaction environments.
- Conduct due diligence to support decision making by working with Timken professionals across divisions and functional areas.
- Assist with conducting detailed valuation analyses including multi-scenario discounted cash flow analyses and financial impact analyses.
- Drive investment decisions and closing activities including but not limited to, development of robust business cases and project management for all elements of transaction.
- Execute transactions including directing negotiations with third parties, overseeing the drafting of related agreements, and securing internal and external approvals.
- Organize and manage deal teams including division-based business leaders (e.g. Sales, Marketing), functional leaders (e.g. Finance, HR) and outside experts (e.g. investment banks, consulting firms)
- Other duties as assigned by VP - Strategy and Business Development
- Communication Skills - Possesses the ability to develop and articulate ideas and information that generate understanding and creates a climate that motivates and encourages others to participate (all levels of the organization).
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Innovator - Transforms creative ideas into original solutions that positively impact the company's performance.
- Highly Principled - Proves to be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character who demonstrates high moral and ethical behavior.
- Strong financial acumen
- Problem Solver - Analytical and creative problem-solver with strong business and financial acumen
- Team Player - Ability and desire to work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Project Management
- Travel - Willing to travel frequently on short notice (30% of time)
Required - Bachelors degree in Business Administration/Finance or related field with 10+ years of related experience
Preferred - Masters degree in Business Administration/Finance or relate field with 8+ years of related experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.