Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope
This position exists to ensure that all products assembled and shipped from the New Philadelphia Bearing Plant meet customer expectations for quality specifications, including documentation and certification.
- Visually and dimensionally inspect product for conformance to specifications
- Set up and adjust gauges for checking product using masters and hand tools
- Verify machine set-ups per engineering specifications
- Ensure accuracy of product identification/marking
- Ensure accuracy of production transactions
- Conduct government audits, source inspections, as well as incoming and outgoing audits
- Ensure accuracy of all required documentation including Blue Books and all in-process documentation, as required by the Company, the customer and/or the United States Government
- Adhere to all safety standards
Technical/Functional Skills Required:
- Strong reading, comprehension, and attention-to-detail skills
- Solid communication, teamwork, and organization skills
- Basic shop math skills
- Basic computer skills, including web page navigation
- High School Diploma or GED and 2 or more years of relevant experience (5 or more years preferred)
- Grinding/machining education and/or 2 years of precision grinding/machining experience (highly preferred)
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.