Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The supply of Maintenance/Repair/Operations (MRO) is essential to keep Timken's plant operations running smoothly. The position is responsible for managing negotiations of commercial contracts, sourcing activities, supply chain continuity and cost savings initiatives. The MRO supply chain consists of a variety of subcategories (electrical, safety, general industrial, abrasives, chemicals, plant services) and hundreds of suppliers in support of 50+ North American plants and service centers. The responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Capital equipment negotiations and contract management
- Corporate services contract management
- Support corporate sourcing projects
- Document and lead purchase agreement training
- Support North American facilities with ad hoc activities to ensure supply and service continuity
- Identify and implement internal and external cost savings initiatives
- Facilitate discussions to resolve contract, service level and invoicing discrepancies
- Contract negotiations
- Verbal and written communications
- Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Working in/leading cross functional teams
- Administrative/organizational practices
- SAP Purchasing
- Manufacturing Industry
- Bachelors in Business, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Logistics Management or related with 4+ years of experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.