Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The role of Financial Analyst will support the Finance Manager in managing, processing, and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions to contribute to the overall financial health of the organization. This role is in support of PTTech a Timken Company in Sharon Center, Ohio, centrally located between Cleveland and Akron, serving original equipment manufacturers in the mining, tunnel boring, steel manufacturing, aggregate, road-working and recycling markets for over 35 years.
- Assist the Finance Manager in preparing various financial reports for month end, year end and ad-hoc reporting.
- Actively participate in the monthly close process to ensure the preparation and reporting of accurate and timely financial statements
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Finance Manager
- Reviews financial accounting work processes and procedures for efficient workflow and conformity with accounting principles
- Ensures accounts payable discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner. Works with a global team to facilitate payments, supplier changes, and payment terms
- Performs standard cost calculations and margin analysis. Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions
- Prepares for and participates in various audits to ensure compliance with GAAP and SOX
- Prepare department budgets and forecasts for review with Finance Manager
- Create and manage various financial spreadsheets utilizing pivot tables and functions
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by colleagues or leadership
- Adhere to the organizational financial policies and procedures
- Answer inquiries and aids stakeholders as needed
- Analyzes and reviews financial accounting methods, policies, and procedures; recommends improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor's in Business, Accounting or Finance
3 - 5 year's experience with accounts payable/receivable, or supply chain
Experienced SAP user
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.