Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
As a Technical Sales Support Analyst, you will be supporting our field sales and service teams. You will work directly with the Technical Team to provide support to internal and external shareholders. This position will also be responsible for, but not limited to, application engineering from design to quotation, technical documenation, bill of material maintenance and procurement, as well as hosting training seminars, both online and in person.
This position works out of the Groeneveld-BEKA North American Headquarters located in Dayton (Miamisburg), OH.
1. Assist in the selection, configuration, and quotation of standard and/or custom products to meet customers' application require-ments.
2. Convert schematics to easily understood production documents using AutoCAD.
3. Create and maintain accurate bills of materials through product lifecycles.
4. Coordinate with production engineer and supervisors as needed.
5. Serve as instructor for technical training classes.
6. Generate technical notices, bulletins, catalogs and brochures.
7. Submit ideas for improvements and enhancements to existing or new product offerings.
8. May work directly with external customers to solve application issues, troubleshoot as needed as well as resolves customer complaints.
9. May be required to travel to a customer location for technical assistance, equipment surveys, or product installation assistance.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Strong verbal and written business communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple tasks and varying priorities.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Service oriented, customer first focus.
- Self-motivator with strong time management skills.
- Must be willing to take part in equipment installations and application surveys.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
Bachelors degree and two plus years experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.