Pilot has the best employees in the transportation and logistics industry!
- Responsible for ongoing process analysis of operational systems, procedures, and staffing to drive continuous improvement in operating efficiencies. Assist District Manager with general tasks
- Responsible for ensuring safe operations as well as compliance with all OSHA regulations, all applicable laws, and Pilot's Corporate Policies
- Effectively train, supervise, coach and evaluate all direct reports to foster good communications and morale
- Reviews operational key performance measures monthly as well as benchmarking data to drive any required correctional or improvement strategies
- Communicating freight status and any problems to customers, vendors and other Pilot stations and personnel
- Freight handling via forklift
- Load/Off-load build trucks for optimal routing
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer service background preferred
- Ability to read key elements of financial statements in support of functional role responsibilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have superior organizational and time management skills
- Must be approachable and motivated
- Knowledge of systems utilized as it relates to logistics
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Understands TSA regulations
- Strong problem solving abilities
Additional Job Details :
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Logistics is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3 years expe rience in lieu of degree
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- 3+ years: Freight or transportation experience
- 3+ years: Routing and Operations Experience
- Experience with DOT regulations
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit. Occasionally stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required. Position may require to work remotely at times.
If you are interested in working with a talented, passionate and dedicated team of professionals in a rapidly growing industry, Pilot wants to hear from you!
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: