Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Perform specific tasks connected with the general maintenance, repair, and installation of all types of conveyance, special purpose machines and equipment in all parts of the division. Replace belting, gears, shafts, or other material handling items to overcome mechanical or operating difficulties. Perform or assist in the evaluation and adjustment of new or rebuild machines after installation. Must have a strong mechanical background, experience and knowledge in the use of hand tools, machine tools (lathes, grinders, drill presses, milling machines), and precision measuring devices.
General Maintenance Mechanic will assist the senior mechanic to complete the following:
1. Ability to read, interpret, and work from blueprints, drawings and schematics.
2. Disassemble, repair, and reassemble machine components.
3. Knowledge and use of fork trucks and all lifting devices and the safe operation relative to employees and equipment.
4. Knowledge and ability to weld.
5. Ability to repair equipment with minimal disruption to production.
6. Knowledge in the use of machine tools.
7. Ability to maintain and repair central coolant systems.
8. Proper movement, control and reclamation of hazardous waste.
Perform shop arithmetic, including geometry and advanced math
Ability to read blueprints, charts, graphs, and diagrams
Ability to weld, cut and torch metal
Ability to shear, bend and form sheet metal
Ability to troubleshoot and repair conveyance equipment
Ability to work safely with a variety of chemicals and lubricants
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.