Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: This position provides technical expertise to support the design, implementation and continuous improvement of chain and auger engineering processes at the Fulton, IL site. This includes CAD Drafting, Solid Modeling, Bills of Material, Routings, and other ERP functions for the engineering and manufacturing process at our chain and auger plant.
Essential Job Duties:
- CAD Drafting - provides timely and error-free drawings used by our associates to manufacture augers and chains in the plant.
- Solid Modeling - Must be proficient in the use of solid modeling software in order to properly design and draw our products.
- STANDARDS/PROCEDURES - adheres to and develops plant standards and technical documentation in order to ensure that all process activities are in alignment with engineering requirements and quality standards.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - utilizes appropriate tools/methodologies to plan resources and ensure timely completion.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - provides technical support for manufacturing CI projects to increase throughput, improve quality/process capability, reduce costs, enhance safety, etc.
Technical/Functional Skills Required:
- CAD drafting and solid modeling
- ERP software / Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Access skills
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to make fact-based recommendations for technical applications
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to learn quickly--is flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor/Associates in Engineering related field preferred. Drafting certificate / training is recommended.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, drawings and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.