Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The 1st shift Material Coordinator is responsible for receiving, preparing, and packaging product to ship to outside operations as well as assisting with local truck pickups and deliveries.
Individuals in this role should have the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, suppliers, and plant leadership. They should also possess a valid driver's license, up to date and valid automobile insurance and have a clean driving record. The Material Coordinator is a 1st shift position, with hours of 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Occasional overtime and weekends may be required.
Material Coordinator Essential Responsibilities:
- Package and label product ensuring accurate information and proper care for handling damage
- Help delivery drivers unload incoming product and then properly store the product
- Move materials using powered industrial equipment (truck, forklift, power pallet lifter, etc.)
- Load and unload vehicles using necessary equipment.
- Make physical and visual inspections of vehicle to be used (truck, forklift, power pallet lifter, etc.). Make necessary adjustments and maintain all vehicle fluid levels.
- Count parts by hand and/or by weight.
- Periodically perform cycle counts to maintain control of inventory counts
- Read, interpret, and complete production forms.
- Work with sawing, turning, and grinding machinery
- Perform any in shop functions when all required duties are completed as directed by Lead person or Supervisor.
Material Coordinator General Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; post-secondary or trades / technical education and certifications preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and shop math competencies
- Strong ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, suppliers, and plant leadership
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- STD and LTD
- Health savings account (with company provided contribution)
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- ...and much more!
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.