|Production Logistics and Planning Manager
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/13/17||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||5 - 10 years||Mailing Address:|
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondel z International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Lead and manage all Logistics and Materials Management processes within the Plant according to Integrated Lean Six Sigma culture in order to achieve required production volume in compliance with quality standards and in accordance with the KPIs, ensuring a strong safety culture and satisfying internal & external customer needs.
Responsible for optimizing Operations assets and operational labor scheduling to meet production/distribution/customer requirements.
Provide direct leadership to a team of salaried employees and indirect leadership to hourly teams.
Lead the E2E SN IL6S Pillar to achieve current and future goals in line with the Mondelez Integrated Supply Chain strategy.
1. For the successful day -to -day operation of all Logistics and Materials for the facility. Provide leadership Responsible for all Plant Warehouse and Re-Pack departments performance (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Sustainability, Morale)
• Maintain raw ingredients and packaging materials inventory within established boundaries
• Ensure efficient internal logistics flows
• Ensure Materials Management functions are working under best possible practices and environment regarding all existing internal and external policies and procedures in respect to Mondelez' s role within the community.
• Efficiently manage bulk ingredients storage
• Review established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible
• Ensure collaboration with other Plant Material Managers and provide input into overall Integrated Supply Chain strategy.
• Liaise with Procurement function to ensure adequate materials and ingredients are available to meet production plan, while ensuring the total stock of such items remain within agreed tolerances.
• Facilitates scheduling of all Plant production commercialization , maintenance and engineering activities related to production schedules
2. Responsible for Distribution Center Department performance (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Sustainability, Morale):
• Ensure efficient in- and outbound operations
• Partner with CS&L in increasing the number of direct shipments
3. Responsible for Plant labor scheduling
• Manage and develop the master Production Scheduling process to meet customer requirements, including the labor scheduling process for production, EHS, warehouse, DC & repack teams
• Analyze workforce requirements to ensure Plant operating in most efficient and cost effective manner.
4. Ensure that adequate control processes in place to ensure data accuracy in planning systems including, but not limited to: master recipes, Bill of Materials, material transfers, cycle counts, resource allocation, run rates etc.
5. Participate in budgeting process, own material and workforce planning streams
6. Elaborate and update an annual conversion and yield roadmap for the Materials organization and identify specific projects to satisfy cost reduction a per productivity strategies.
7. Responsible for leading development of and executing Chicago Bakery Business Continuity Plan( BCP)
8. Lead network assessment and asset optimization with business partners. Ensure appropriate capacity for new business initiatives and growth plans across product life cycles. Develop and recommend alternatives as needed.
9. Develop and maintain effective cost control programs which support Plant and corporate goals.
10. Execute Mondelez Category growth initiatives through successful new product launches
11. Supply Chain plant lead with HQ's: Product Supply, Customer Service, Logistics , Sales, Procurement and DSD functional leads
12. Actively lead the implementation of IL6S for the Chicago plant. Encourage and promote operating in an Integrated Lean Six Sigma environment.
13. Ensure a 0 loss 0 Waste mindset throughout the facility
Mondelez Global Inc. - Product Supply, Customer Service, Logistics, Sales, Procurement , DSD network.
Plant Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Human Resource Manager, Quality Manager, Engineering/BD Manager, Safety Manager, CI Manager,IL6S Manager, Finance Manager.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or Technical Field
• At least 8 years of fundamental knowledge and experience within a supply chain environment
• Ability to blend people into teams; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her work; defines success in terms of the whole team
• Effective at leading and managing change
• Trust and empowers team, while holding team and others accountable
• Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization
• Ability to deliver results through being an inspirational leader
1. General/Basic Background in Functional Area. Min 3 years.
2. Inventory Control. Min 2 years.
3. Production Scheduling. Min 1 year.
4. Purchasing. Min 3 years.
5. Management. Min 5 years.
Mondel z Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.