|Principal Value Stream Engineer
North Canton, OH
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/19/17||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||5 - 10 years||Mailing Address:|
Your Career Begins at Timken
To provide technical leadership, direction, analysis, and project management to support the design and implementation of manufacturing initiatives and processes throughout the Global Bearing and Power Transmission Manufacturing facilities. Technical expertise at a corporate level is necessary to support continuous improvement activities at existing manufacturing facilities and new plant, product, or process start-ups around the world. The position includes developing, applying, and implementing, technologies and processes to our manufacturing plants and supply chains, as well as leading a broad based team of specific technology experts as required to deliver the process. This position is specifically responsible for delivering the complete manufacturing process, from raw material to shipped product, so is not limited to a specific functional technology. The individual holding this position will have demonstrated authority in understanding the overall manufacturing processes and product transformations (start to finish), and be recognized as an expert source within the company.
1. TECHNICAL STRATEGY Lead and participates in technical strategy development for design and deployment of bearing manufacturing processes.
2. CAPITAL PROJECTS - Technically lead and support capital investment efforts required for Timken's business growth initiatives globally. This includes project leadership, process designs, specification/selection of new assets or upgrades in technology to existing equipment, asset and process implementation into the plants site, and delivery of a total cost competitive process technology package to the plants. This also includes creation of Appropriation Requisitions (ARs) including basic business case analysis, cost tracking/forecasting of spending, resource planning, and timely completion of projects within budget.
3. PRODUCT/PROCESS RATIONALIZATION Execute analysis to support global product/process rationalization efforts. Perform manufacturing process benchmarking analysis and manufacturing cost comparisons across the Manufacturing Plants.
4. PROJECT MANAGEMENT Utilize project management tools for key departmental projects including project and resource planning, and implement corrective actions when necessary to assure timely completion. Lead a broad team of functional and technical specific experts to deliver a start to finish manufacturing process.
5. CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - Lead project teams throughout the global business related to manufacturing processes to increase throughput, improve quality/process capability, reduce costs, and enhance safety, etc. Provide an environment and process for CI to identify solutions, and then follow through with implementation support and evaluation.
6. TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION Develop manufacturing plant implementation plans for newly developed processes working with the Advance Process Technology Teams, Design Engineering and customers as needed.
7. TRAVEL International and domestic travel is required averaging 25% of the time.
8. SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT Make consolidated technical recommendations for manufacturing solutions throughout the global business. Specify and select technology for new processes, transformation designs, or equipment upgrades, guide system development / installation and deliver total process stability and documentation to the plants.
9. Develop Strong Technical and business relationships while working with the manufacturing plant teams, product engineering, and product management to identify and deliver solutions.
Bachelors degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years experience in manufacturing, plant engineering, mechanical design or application engineering. Or Masters degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing, plant engineering, mechanical design or application engineering.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.