Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned)
• Manage the tactical operations as well as strategic function of the transportation department.
• Collaborate with Core-Mark counterparts to develop and implement world class transportation infrastructure and process guidelines.
• Collaborate with peers to drive improvements in division performance against key metrics
• Drive efficiencies within the department through timely implementation of programs and processes to increase revenues and reduce expenses through effective management of human capital and fleet
• Seek opportunities to improve routing operations, increase back-haul revenues, and improve departmental results
• Maintain a safe and healthful working environment by promoting and managing safety at all levels of the operation
• Provide effective leadership and conduct performance management to foster professional growth of department personnel
• Production shift experience with working knowledge of all warehouse activities and transportation.
• High school graduate with two years higher education or equivalent required.
• Class A CDL required
• Strong computer skills required: AS 400, MS Outlook, Strong Excel and Word.
• Experience on truck routing and driver and equipment tracking software, preferred.