Build relationships. Expand your career possibilities.
You have a passion for logistics, and you know how to keep things moving. As the Operations Manager for Last Mile at XPO Logistics, you'll have the opportunity to connect with customers, assist in route planning and monitoring, and build a bright professional future. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Provide support to our home delivery services for a designated market region
- Manage the operations of contracted drivers, who are operating up to 6 days per week in multiple locations
- Assist in route planning and route monitoring
- Pre-screen contract carriers from incoming applicant database for contract eligibility, based on DOT standards and company policies
- Work with the national sales team on pricing and identifying competitive advantages and disadvantages to facilitate new avenues of growth
- Manage expenses accurately and meet P&L budget goals
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Associate degree in a business-related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of logistics management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Project)
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management and 1 or more years of logistics or transportation experience
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization
- Ability to prioritize regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources appropriately
- Self-motivated work style; able to work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.