Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a Service Center Engineer at the Houston, Texas regional service center. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate the condition of equipment and determine which components are re-useable, repairable or must be replaced.
- Implement customer's requirements for the repair, modification or upgrade of customer's equipment.
- Perform failure analysis and create technical reports for customers.
- Define the scope of work needed to return equipment back to full working condition.
- Measure and reverse engineer non-Philadelphia Gear components.
- Provide calculations for the manufacture of new gears or repair of existing gears.
- Design, specify and create detail drawings of components.
- Build job travelers that lay out the order of operations and describe the work needed to carry out the repairs or modifications of gears, components and equipment.
- Assist in technical training of shop personnel.
- Provide technical support to suppliers, customers, field service and customer service.
Key attributes include the ability to multi-task, set priorities, meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and organization, set goals, ability to work as part of a team and the ability to interact with all levels of customers and internal support teams. Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software), strong written and verbal communication skills are required. This position requires a problem solver who is involved in all technical aspects that support the operations of the regional service center. Applicant must have 3-5 years of rotating equipment engineering experience and a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university. Experience in Solid Works preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.