HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Grow the business by increasing profitable sales, meeting or exceeding goals and objectives, and ensuring customers receive the highest level of service. Responsible for prospecting for new accounts, completing customer and job site visits, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customers. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Executes customer sales strategies and initiatives to achieve sales targets focusing on prospecting new and undeveloped customers, markets and trade opportunities.
- Generates viable sales leads and prospects through market/account research, sales events, job site visits, networking, vendor events, etc.
- Coordinates market visits for assigned and prospective accounts to bid for jobs and proactively secure new business.
- Adds customer value by developing a thorough understanding of the business and selling the breadth and depth of product and service offerings.
- Prepares and executes a plan for each account to identify the customer's short- and long-term needs.
- Partners with customers, vendors, and associates to resolve customer and service related issues.
- Develops and maintains a competent base of product knowledge and applies that knowledge when servicing customers.
- Generates reporting on potential customers and submits all required sales administration and commission reports.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors, such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Associate's degree in business, marketing, or related field or 2-3 years of sales or related field experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize daily activities
- Strong communication and influencing skills
Job Locations US-MA-Boston
Posted Date 5 days ago (2/13/2020 1:02 PM)
Job ID 2020-36740
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 2136
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.